Saturday, April 29

Log cabin progress report

Well, the never-ending square (it's on the right) was finished up earlier this week, and you can start to see what the patterns are going to do when it's put together. This is fun!! Totally time consuming - but fun...

I got a couple of pictures earlier today, just a quick preview of what things are going to look like when there are more squares.

I did end up ordering more yarn from Elann - Only 6 balls, 4 of Endless Summer Luna and 2 of Lana Grossa Toccata. Of course the day after I put in my order Elann put up a whole bunch of the Sonata which would have been ideal for this project, and cheaper. Sigh - typical!

I also ordered 2 sets of the Bryspun Circulars. I've been wanting to try these for ages - and now I will finally get a chance. Also, I'm sure that having the scoopy needle tips of the Bryspuns will make picking up all the stitches just that much easier.

I really haven't had much chance to do much knitting since Monday night. Though I have made some progress on my Jaywalker socks, and I should be able to finish plying the rest of the Caramel Swirl yarn at some point this weekend. Though my house looks like a bomb has hit it, and now that the weather is co-operating and it's actually not raining, I also need to get my courtyard in order.

We have some new neighbours in the Club who have invited everyone to a potluck barbecue tonight... Should be a fun time!

2 comments:

shizzknits said...

The log cabin looks great. Love the colors!

Monika said...

I can see where you are going with the Log Cabin. Looking good! Isn't it always the way with orders? I've ordered Super 10 cotton today just to find another online store with much better prices! Grrrr!