OK - so I've been tagged by Janet... Believe it or not, it's a first for me. I've never been tagged before - just lucky I guess.
So hmmm - 6 weird things about me - not that easy to come up with really, I don't have many OCD type issues, but there are a few that come to mind:
- I do not eat Chinese food if I don't have chopsticks - it's just not right. I have been known to grab a couple of pens and use the backs of them instead.
- I can not jump hurdles. Not for the life of me.
- It took me about 4 summers to be able actually dive into a pool of water - and I've always been very comfortable swimming.
- I have broken the same toe 3 times. I also broke the two toes right next to it at one point. Those are the only bones I've ever broken.
- I am really not fond of watermelon. I do, however, like brussel sprouts and spinach.
- My eyes were blue when I was younger. Now they've developed a lot of hazel type highlights that make them more green or yellow, but very difficult to describe. I've actually had to turn to someone and ask them what color they thought my eyes were when filling out my drivers license application.
THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”
Not sure if I'm going to go tag six people or not - stay tuned.
Oh - and the vegetables from the last post? Well, over the last couple of weeks I've been doing my normal routine of going to the grocery store on the way home from work to pick up dinner supplies. Three times in a row I've gone to get something that I know I bought, and there is absolutely no sign of it. Weirdest thing ever. The BBE said, that it was obviously the kids scarfing up the food before I had a chance to cook it up. But I'm missing a giant yam! And an acorn squash, and a 2 pound brick of cheese, and some mushrooms. The cheese, maybe. But the yam, the mushrooms, and the squash? Not a chance that the kids would scarf that! Just weird - Not all of this stuff was supposedly bought at the same time either - so I'm doing it on a regular basis.
Obviously it is the gremlins. Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention putting all my stuff from the checkout line into the basket. The other night... I did my normal grocery shop, thinking - OK ab, Make sure you get everything in the cart after you've gone through the checkout. Yep, nothing left sitting there - no extra bags or anything. I got it all home, and guess what? I was missing a head of lettuce. We had cucumber, tomato and avocado salad that night. And it was good too! With a little honey mustard vinagraitte. Mmmm - must do that again. Not buy lettuce and not get to eat it. Just not buy the lettuce.
Anyway - enough weird and rambling things from me - I'm outta here! Have fun y'all - and don't forget your vegetables.