Sunday, May 20

Two posts in two days?

So I've started the knitting portion of Rosebud's Request... Am reserving judgment so far. But definitely have to say that I am so happy that I'm not doing the pattern as written! I swear every other single friggin row, it's "cut yarn".... I do not want to have to deal with all those ends. Oh my goodness me, no! But the yarn gradations are a bit more subtle than even I had imagined. I've finished the first back half. Not entirely sure if it's going to be big enough or if I need to print out the directions for two sizes bigger than I would need if I was knitting to gauge before I leave.

And of course I'm nowhere near done with the spinning part of this particular piece - this is just the first skein, which I've knit up into the first rings of blueness - so the top starts of with lots of chestnut, then blue. Not nearly as many stripes as I'd envisioned, and the yarn is not a DK weight. But it is soft and pretty! I do like the drape, just might have to rip out the first bit and do it again bigger, which isn't so bad really!

So did I get a picture of what I have accomplished so far? No - my daughter called and needed a ride home from a town about 50 miles north of here, so I hopped in the car, and went and got her. But before I left I was able to get lots of cute kitty pics! I think this one is my favorite!






Of course, I do like this one of all three of the kittens






And then there's this one
I was also able to go running around outside for a bit after taking yarny pictures, and was actually able to get some really amazing shots of bees gathering pollen from the local California Poppy's, our State Flower.... I have a hard time with insect shots with my camera, they usually come out blurry, but for some reason today they came out great.

5 comments:

Monika said...

The yarn looks great. I'd love to see it knitted up. But today, the kitty pictures are the best! I love all three pics, especially the one, where they look at you taking a picture, the others are just too cute. Wonderful poppy pic. I have some orange poppies planted, because I like them so much. I pity, they don't bloom very long, but I enjoy them as long as I have them. Nice work all around! ;o)

Reggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Batty said...

The yarn looks great, and the kitties are just so adorable! I love kitties.

Peggy said...

Such beautiful yarn and such a lovely pattern. Can't wait to see the project in process or finished. The poppys are gorgeous.

April said...

OOOOH That almost makes me want a new kitten. Almost. But not really. lol I've got my hands full as it is. Abi, stop by my blog and check it out for a sec. I've tagged you there and the rules/meme are posted.