Saturday, March 18

Flashin my backyard


This is actually the very first picture that I took with my digital camera. I took the pic directly out the back window - the view that I see when I'm doing dishes; and probably the best part of living where I do. When I first got to my place (I moved in sight unseen) it was dark, so I didn't really have an idea until the first morning that I woke up and went into the kitchen. There was a mamma dear nursing her fawn which must have just been a couple of days old just a couple of feet away. Nice!

This isn't in my yard exactly, but it is part of the property that I live on. We call it the cactus fountain,

and here's a picture of one of the old signs on the property. Apparently these were posted all over the greater Bay Area back in the late 60's. I think it's pretty cool. It says "When It's Cold and Foggy In San Francisco" / It's like THIS over here"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god...my dad used to take me to that resort when I was a little girl. It was always foggy and cold in SF and Oakland during the summer and roasting over there. Smallllll world.