Saturday, April 8

Now what?

I'm at one of those points in my projects where I don't have anything going on that I'm really jazzed about - can sink my teeth into. I do have things I could work on. Things I should work on. Projects from my past that need to either get finished or ripped. I'm really wanting something that I can just dive into right now, with nothing on the horizon that I *have* to knit,
*have* to spin, *have* to have.... sigh. This too shall pass.

The last two nights have shown no progress on knitting or spinning. I have done a bit of work on my Jaywalkers. I have started washing my skeins. I have gotten a bit more of the red/purple merino spun up on my Kundert.... So at least there is some progress, but socks and spindle spinning are my equivalent of snack foods. The potato chips of what I do. Don't get me wrong, there are times when I sit down and finish a pair of socks in a couple of days, or fill up a spindle with every available moment. This is just not one of those times. I'm feeling the need for a good satisfying meat and potatoes kind of dig in and enjoy kind of knits. Maybe it's because Garnstudio hasn't updated their patterns lately, the new Knitty is still not up (though I've been checking!!).

I stopped off at Barnes and Nobles on my way to the BBE's house last night, I looked at the new Knitters, man have they gone down hill! I know everyone says that, but it's so true. They didn't have the Spring Interweave in stock. I looked at some of the crochet mags, and the KnitNStyle. I only ended up buying the new Vogue, which was OK - but still nothing is jumping out at me.

I did go through my UFO basket the other night, what a mess! I've been throwing half started projects that weren't working in there for a couple of years now. There were bits of left over roving, lots and lots of yarn that had become horribly tangled up. I wish I'd gotten a better picture, or taken more during the process... The UFO basket is about 3 1/2 feet wide. It lives under the coffee table. I was able to reclaim a lot of needles though, wind up all the loose ends (except for the Jaeger silk), and move some more current ufo's into the basket. It was a great feeling to rip out some of those projects and reclaim the yarn and needles.


I'm so glad it's the weekend! The last couple of days at work have just been really hard. You know the days - everything that could go wrong, pretty much did go wrong. Nothing was easy. I did get my request for time off approved. I want to take my b-day and the Friday after off. It's not till June, but having a 4 day weekend to look forward to really makes the slog a bit easier.

Next up - flashing the contents of your purse...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, the current crop of knitting mags is very uninspiring. Got my last issue of the former FCEK - why renew? I'd like to say to them: "Show me why!"
Interweave posts a preview at some point - but you probably know that. Hope your project inspiration slump dissipates soon!

Furniture Repairs Grand Prairie said...

Grreat share