Sunday, February 18

Darn, no pictures

I've been telling the BBE that I need some shelves built (in the worst way really) for a very long time now. A couple of weekends ago, we picked up some free bookshelves courtesy of Freecycle, or Craigslist - Gwen got a really pretty wicker shelf unit for her clothes, and there was a DVD holder and a small veneer bookshelf as well. With Gwen living back at my house now, storage space is really at a premium! (If you read my blog at all, you probably know that my place is less than 600 sq feet. But we're comfy and cozy, and I have the BBE's place to come back to as a bolt hole.

Anyway - yeah, so I have an old doorway in my bedroom that isn't used. It goes into the kitchen, but there's a bookshelf on the other side of that door. The doorwell in my room is nice and deep, and I've always thought that having some shelves in there would be right handy! Well - we took apart the little bookshelf that I had gotten for free, and cut it to size, and voila - I now have 5 shelves in my room, where before I had a hoky hanging shoe organiser to stuff stuff into.

There were some unfinished bits and pieces that were visible, and I wasn't too happy about - so I grabbed some little mosaic glass tiles that I've had hanging around for a couple of years, and just glued them along all the exposed edges. Spent some time putting my paperback up, and it's a great place to throw my niddy noddy, all my extra bobbins and storage rolls, and books, and little chatchkes. I love it! I so love it, it's not funny. I promise I'll get some pictures when I get home tomorrow night after work - the room itself still needs a lot of attention, but any little bit of extra space is such a godsend for me, especially since Gwen moved in. I swear my little place is just bulging at the seams - and there is almost no place left to put anything.

Oh yeah, the new job - tomorrow! Yikes! Damn I'm nervous. At the interview the owner/president asked if I was comfortable wearing jeans, and if needs be getting my hands a bit dirty. Which I don't - but now I'm thinking, should I wear jeans on my first day? Probably... But will that give off a bad impression? I've got some darn cute jeans that I just bought today - went to Ross, Levi's on sale for 9.99. Or should I wear trousers? I have options, and I guess I'll just wait till tomorrow to figure it out. One thing is for sure - sensible shoes!

Anyway... Just wanted to post, I love my new shelves - and I start my new job tomorrow. I'm remembering to take deep breaths, and will try to act like I know what I'm doing when I get there. Of course, I do know a lot - but every place is different, and does things in different ways. Hopefully it won't take me too long to figure it all out.

2 comments:

SpindleKnits said...

Good luck on the first day!

Kris B said...

I hope you had a good first day at work.